Positive COVID Notification – October 8, 2020
October 8, 2020
Yesterday, we learned that one of our employees had tested positive for COVID-19 through her personal physician. We have since conducted testing on all our residents. While the vast majority have tested negative, several have, in fact, tested positive. We are also awaiting the results of an additional five residents. We have conducted staff testing and are awaiting their results.
If your loved one has tested positive, you have already received a phone call.
Below is a brief overview of what we have done, and will continue to do, to ensure for everyone’s safety and health at Wadsworth Glen.
• All residents have been tested.
• All staff have been tested and we await their results.
• We continue to audit our staff for proper PPE donning / doffing, hand hygiene, etc.
• Continue to require all staff to be screened before and during each shift – questionnaires and temperature checks.
• Our team has transferred residents within the center to ensure proper cohorting of residents, based on CDC and state DPH guidance. To avoid any cross contamination, we have employees assigned to the one unit with affected residents. They are solely dedicated to this unit.
• Out of an abundance of caution, the whole center is being monitored with additional vital signs taken per shift. Any residents near the affected residents are on specific COVID precautions.
• Intensive cleaning of affected rooms is taking place with specific viral cleansing agents and foggers to be implemented tonight.
• State and local health departments have been notified and consulted; we are following their guidance.
• Indoor visits are paused at this time, except in very specific circumstances. Please contact us if you have any questions. This is a state guidance.
• Outdoor patio visits are restricted; please contact us for your specific situation. We will accommodate as best as we can, taking everyone’s health and safety into consideration.
• Window visits and virtual visits with our tablets are in place.
As I have mentioned in the very recent past, this pandemic is still very much active in our state and region. This situation serves as a reminder that we must all remain vigilant in following all guidelines, recommendations, and best practices to stay safe and fight this pandemic.
We will provide all updates as they become available and I encourage you to contact us directly with questions specific to your loved one. You may also utilize Info@WadsworthGlen.com to reach us, which is a general email address that is monitored by several department heads, in the event I am unable to respond to you in a timely manner.
We appreciate the support of our community during this time.